A couple weekends ago I was showered with generous gifts for Baby Pidg at my Baby Shower. My mom, Aunt, and Sister in Law, Ashley put on an amazing shower for us. I’m so thankful for my family! I was surrounded by my closet friends and family who care about Sean, Baby Pidg and I. We registered at Babies R Us and Pottery Barn. I had no idea where the shower was, I just knew the date and the day before I was told what time to be ready. I was completely fine that it. I sat back and enjoyed! My shower was at Carbone’s in Hopkinton, MA. Yummy food! It was better than I could have ever imagined.
Here are a couple of my favorite moments:
- The theme and decorations were “Who Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus” by Mo Willems and it fits us perfectly. Ashley thank you for EVERYTHING!!! It was amazing! If you have not read any of those books, I highly recommend these children books. It all started with the hashtag #babypidg
- They had all of my favorite foods on the menu for the day
- One of my best friends from college surprised me by being at my shower. I was under the impression she wasn’t going to be there because of work, but it all worked out! I was so happy to see her, thanks Keri for making the trek.
- My closet friends were there and it made me feel so GRATEFUL for their friendship for so MANY years!
- My little cousin Ryan showed up from his Tee-ball game. He helped with some of the decorations and coloring. He wanted to be a part of it, and it still melts my heart! Ryan also gave Baby Pidg a gift, his toy cell phone for the baby to use, again heart melting!
- I made sure to announce that the Buffalo Bill onesies were not welcomed in my house, Go Pats! Sorry babe! Baby Pidg can pick which NFL team he or she wants to cheer for.
- I was super emotional the next day looking at all the gifts. Damn hormones!
- One regret – I didn’t get any photos with my family. Being a photographer this is really important. So learn from my mistake and get those photos taken right when you arrive.
The nursery is still getting organized and as ready as it can be if Baby Pidg were to arrive early. Of course I want everything to be perfect but let’s face it, I’m not perfect and neither is my life. I’m not going to stress about the room not being ready. We made a trip to Babies R Us afterwards to get more necessities that were needed like wipes for baby Pidg’s arrival. After that trip I feel way better about having everything we need, so I’m not going to stress about it 🙂
Xoxo Jen Araya