It’s hard to believe, but we have a two month old baby. I’m cherishing every moment with her while I’m on maternity leave. I haven’t been online as much, but being around her reminds me to put my phone down which I LOVE!! I’m enjoying the moments and I’m staying present during those times that I won’t get back.
Vivienne got to meet my work friends and Daddy’s work friends, and spend some quality time on the beach. Everyone loved meeting her and could not get over her hair. YAY!
I want us to remember all the things that have happened over the past four weeks. Vivienne, here are a few memories from month two:
- You have been coo-ing and ahh-ing non stop. We talk to you and you talk back to us (in a good way) (for now…… 🙂 )
- Your hair has been the talk of the town whenever someone new meets you. It has also tripled in length since you were born. That’s why Mommy bought you some cute bows, but you may have a baby mullet in the back
- You’re smiling a lot more, and not just when you poop
- You recognize Mommy and Daddy, which we love!
- You follow us when we move across the room and will keep your eyes on us all the time (don’t ever stop)
- You’ve slept through the night a couple of times which, to be honest, scared Mommy a little. You continue to sleep longer at night (thank you rock star baby!)
- You are officially a beach bum!
- You enjoy our walks together
- You know when we arrive home, because you wake up
- You’re a fly catcher when you’re in a deep sleep
- You’re our chunky monkey weighing over 11lbs – a growing girl. Mommy is still breastfeeding, and we are thankful we can still do this
- Daddy got to feed you for the first time, and you took the bottle like a champ
- Your cool new accessory, the harness for your hip dysplasia was a little tougher the last few weeks to get the legs on because your legs would be moving non stop. You made us work hard, but you no longer need to wear it!!! This was the biggest highlight of the month. Before your ultrasound you were talking to mommy and smiling non-stop. It’s like you knew ahead of time that you wouldn’t have to wear it anymore. A special moment Mommy will never forget. I was SO excited to put on the clothes that you couldn’t wear previously!
Here are a few of Vivienne’s favorite things:
- She loves looking at the fans and outside the window
- She loves to eat her hands, still discovering them but at times it soothes her
- She loves playing with her hair!
I still CANNOT believe that I’m a MOM!
xoxo Jen Araya