This fourth month has been incredibly rewarding watching our daughter develop so much, but being a working mom is a TOUGH JOB!! I think it’s even harder than taking care of a newborn with little sleep.
Since Vivienne has been born, I have REALLY tried to be present and in the moment. I’m so glad I took this step back because I would have missed the moment my daughter rolled over for the first time. I WAS PRESENT AND IN THE MOMENT!!! I will remember this forever and that is more valuable to me than interrupting the moment to take a picture. The best part is that it’s almost like she waited and did this in front of both of us! It’s a first moment that we did not miss and I’m so thankful. As much as I love my camera and love capturing memories, it’s pretty incredible to be thinking only about this teeny rock star and not about my settings!
I want us to remember all the things that have happened over the past four weeks. Vivienne, this list is for you and here are a few memories from month four:
- You started grabbing your feet or as I call them footsies
- You rolled over the first time, and Mommy and Daddy saw it in person!!! You are still figuring out how to get that arm out though….
- You’re talking more and louder which we love hearing (for now lol)
- You make it known when a stranger holds you. Strangers are dangerous but mommy and daddy’s friends are not
- One of mommy’s favorite memories was when she was holding you standing up and she sang a whole song to you and you smiled the whole time!! Something that mommy will never forget
- Your small giggles, we can’t wait to hear your baby laugh
- Crushing tummy time and holding your head up more and more each day
- You started holding your bottle
- Teething – it still continues and it will for a long time (I assume)
Here are a few of your favorite things:
- Standing up on our laps, you smile instantly!
- You love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog)s
- You love the car rides and looking around wherever we go
I love remembering the memories with you and will never forget them. I rush to leave work so I can spend as much time as possible with you. Happy four months Vivienne! I can’t wait to see how you develop over the next few months!
Xoxo Jen Araya
This is Vivienne’s first Costa Rican dress!!! This is so special to me because my family sent it to us after she was born and I’m so excited to dress her up in the dresses I wore as a kid!!!
If you are expected or recently had a baby please check out Babyfab! They have the cutest clothes AND the best part is a percentage goes to babies in need! Check them out babyfab.net/jenaraya