Vivienne’s sixth month was a fun month for us! She is a lot more active (which she has been from the start), playing with her toys, giving kisses to me (not to daddy yet but she is getting there) and eating more solids. One weekend in the beginning of the month, I said to Sean,” I hope she sits up by Christmas.” I sat her on the floor with the boppy around her for support and she was all over the place. I was discouraged. The next day, she was good! Sitting up on her own with the support of the boppy. I was blown away! She surprises me every day.
I want us to remember all the things that have happened over the past four weeks. Vivienne, here are a few memories from month sixth:
- Still teething! None of them have come through yet. I hope they take their time, the longer the better. Drooly pooly!
- You’re eating more solids! Oatmeal, mangoes and bananas were a huge hit. Avocado not so much but you’ll get there one day.
- Nose scrunching just like mommy (so daddy says). It’s the cutest thing ever and mommy never realized she does that too.
- You are still rolling over crazy and turning in circles to play with your toys. You started to move forward a tiny bit, pushing off. Baby gates are going up!
- You LOVE your footsies!!!
- Started crossing your feet when you are in your seat
- You started sitting up all of a sudden. It was night and day difference from the day before. You don’t need the boppy as much but we have it there just in case. You catch yourself when you fall forward, getting your arms out for support. Still, how do you know what to do??? It’s so cool!
- Giving kisses to mommy right now, daddy will get them soon
- You twist your wrists when you get REALLY EXCITED! It’s the funniest thing we’ve ever seen.
- According to the doctor you are growing and developing right on track
- You celebrated your first Christmas!!!
Here are a few of Vivienne’s favorite things:
- Loves sitting up
- Love playing peek a boo. Also likes when we boo or baby
- Loves the camera
Over the next month we will be introducing more solids to see what you like and don’t like. I hope you start to crawl, you’re building up to it. I hope you continue to grow and learn and I can’t wait to see what your future holds! Bring on 2018!!! Love you Vivi!
Xoxo Jen Araya